RESULTS CONDUCTED BY MASON-DIXON POLLING & STRATEGY
Telemundo 51 launches ‘TU VOTO CUENTA’ Campaign to Raise Awareness among South Florida Hispanics’ About Their Right To Vote
Miramar, FL – July 13, 2018 – WSCV Telemundo 51, the #1 station in South Florida, regardless of language, kicked off its comprehensive, multi-platform Decisión 2018 election coverage by releasing the first wave of results from its South Florida Hispanic Opinion Poll conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy. The survey consisted of 1,000 registered Hispanic voters interviewed by telephone in Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe counties.
The station today also announced its “TU VOTO CUENTA” campaign, aimed at educating and encouraging South Florida Hispanics to exercise their civic right to vote and get involved with the political process. The PSA campaign will feature Telemundo 51 anchors/reporters and inform Hispanic voters of the importance of their participation at the polls in November’s mid-term election. The campaign will also highlight how South Florida Hispanics’ - through their vote - can make a difference on key issues affecting South Florida.
Key elements of Telemundo 51’s Decisión 2018 coverage includes:
• Telemundo 51 Pregunta- an online survey polling Hispanic voters to choose the policy issues that they feel are the most important issues affecting the South Florida community during this election year.
• Town Hall Meetings- conducted across South Florida aimed at bringing the issues important to South Florida Hispanic voters to the forefront and engaging political leaders to find possible solutions.
• Enfoque Político- Telemundo 51’s local public affairs show, now in its third year, hosted by Marilys Llanos will feature candidates and issues relevant to the South Florida political landscape.
• On-Air Coverage- Telemundo 51’s award-winning news team will report on in-depth news stories that affect the South Florida Hispanic communities including immigration, healthcare and education. The reports will be available across all platforms. WSCV’s news team will also profile all candidates that are on the ballot this November and how their campaign’s differ from each other. News coverage will also include informing viewers on the proposed amendments and constitutional changes and how these may affect South Floridians.
• Dedicated Political Resources- Leading the political coverage is Marilys Llanos, Telemundo 51’s senior reporter, Randy Serrano, Telemundo 51’s Washington Correspondent and Ana Cuervo, Telemundo 51’s Tallahassee Reporter, assisted by the Noticiero Telemundo 51 team.
For more information on the Decisión 2018 please visit, including a request for poll results, please click here.
About Telemundo 51 Miami Telemundo 51 / WSCV is Telemundo’s local television station serving the Spanish-speaking viewers in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area, the third largest Hispanic market in the country. Owned by NBCUniversal, Telemundo 51 has been delivering local news, information and entertainment to viewers throughout South Florida for more than 30 years. Telemundo 51 is the preferred station for local news in a diverse market that is made up of more than two million Spanish-speaking people whose backgrounds represent more than 20 nationalities. Telemundo 51 is committed to covering issues important to the community as well as partnering with and supporting local organizations that are making a difference in the areas of education, health, civic engagement and the environment. Telemundo 51 also delivers local news and information across all platforms, including online at Telemundo51.com, the Telemundo 51 mobile app and on social media.
MEDIA CONTACTSusan Solano Vila954-622-7825Susan.SolanoVila@nbcuni.com