DENVER CO – (July 23, 2019) – The Heartland Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences awarded Telemundo Denver / KDEN a total of 9 Heartland Emmy® Awards during the 33rd annual Awards Gala held on Saturday, July 20 at the Hilton City Center in Denver.
This year, Telemundo Denver was recognized with several honors, including an award for the "Decision 2018" coverage in the category “Politics/Government - Program/Series/Special”. Also, received an Award in the “Environment-News Single Story” category for its special report on ice fishing and how it’s being affected by climate change. The stations’ local consumer investigative unit, Telemundo Denver Responde, won an award in the “Investigative Report - Single Story Category” category.
“We are truly honored to be recognized by the Heartland Chapter of NATAS,” said Tatiana Argüello, President and General Manager, Telemundo Denver. “Every day we strive to give our Hispanic community the representation and information they want and deserve.”
Below is the full list of awards received by Telemundo Denver:
- Environment - Program/Feature: “Mas allá de la tormenta"
- Investigative Report - Single Story “Telemundo Responde”
- Politics/Government – Program/Series/Special: “Decision 2018”
- Spot News “A horror story: a family massacre”
- Video Journalist “Adriana Macias - Mis super heroes”
- News Producer – Delanny Zuniga Cortes “Pura Vida in News”
- Environment - News Single Story “Un mundo bajo hielo”
- Historic/Cultural Program - Feature/Segment “Entro lo sagrado y lo prohibido”
- Human Interest – Program/Series/Special “Tus historias, tu voz”
For complete details on all the winners and categories, please access The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Heartland Chapter’s official 2019 Emmy® Awardees list here.
About Telemundo Denver
Telemundo Denver / KDEN is Telemundo’s local television station serving Spanish-speaking viewers throughout Denver and the state of Colorado. Owned by NBC Universal, the station is committed to delivering viewers local breaking news, in-depth journalism, updated weather forecasts, sports and entertainment headlines across a variety of platforms, including on-air, online at TelemundoDenver.com, via its mobile app and social media channels. The station is deeply rooted in the communities it serves and fosters partnerships with local organizations all throughout Colorado to help meet viewers interests and needs.