MOSCOW – June 28, 2018 – Wednesday’s Mexico-Sweden Group Stage finale for both teams continued to fuel Telemundo Deportes’ record-breaking Spanish-language delivery across all platforms.
TOTAL AUDIENCE DELIVERY
- Yesterday’s match, a 3-0 win by Sweden over Mexico, averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 5.2 million viewers across Telemundo, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps, according to live plus same day fast national data released today by Nielsen, and digital data from Adobe Analytics. Mexico-Sweden ranks as Telemundo Deportes’ third-most watched match of the tournament, behind two Mexico weekend matches.
TOPS ON TELEVISION
- Telemundo averaged 4.4 million TV-only viewers for Mexico-Sweden in the two-hour match window and 4.0 million for the full coverage (9:30 a.m.-Noon ET), standing as the network’s most-watched weekday daytime program EVER.
- Telemundo Deportes’ complete Wednesday coverage from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET averaged 2.6 million television viewers, ranking as the most-watched daytime for ANY WEEKDAY in Telemundo history.
- Television-only viewership of Mexico-Sweden peaked at 5.0 million viewers from 11:15-11:30 a.m. ET.
DIGITAL/SOCIAL MEDIA DOMINANCE
- With 6.9 million livestreams, Mexico-Sweden is the most-watched livestream event in Spanish-language history. With 119 million minutes viewed, it exceeded by 53% the prior record (South Korea-Mexico, 78 million minutes on June 23). Live streaming of the World Cup on TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps is powered by NBC Sports Group’s Playmaker Media.
- Telemundo Digital’s Average Minute Audience (AMA) for Mexico-Sweden was 787,000 viewers – the highest Spanish-language AMA for any World Cup match in U.S. history.
- Telemundo Deportes yesterday set a single-day digital record with 4.3 million uniques and 187 million minutes viewed. For the World Cup to date, Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation has surpassed 1.5 BILLION livestream minutes of World Cup action delivered (1.55 billion through Wednesday).
- Telemundo’s digital presentation of Mexico-Sweden peaked at 1.02 million concurrent livestreams – the most for any event in NBC Sports Digital history, excluding Super Bowls, and the only event other than the Super Bowl to hit the 1 million mark.
- Telemundo’s Copa Mundial de la FIFA 2018 coverage was the #1 program yesterday across social media platforms (Source: Nielsen Social Content Ratings, linear metrics)
- Since the second quarter began in April 2018, Telemundo Deportes has seen a 65% increase in engagement on Facebook and a 59% increase in engagement on Instagram.
- From the start of the World Cup on June 14 through Tuesday, June 26, Telemundo Deportes has generated 1.3M actions across Facebook and Instagram.
Source: Nielsen, L+SD, fast nationals, 6/14/18-6/27/18; Adobe Analytics. TAD is based on match window duration.