- NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed and Golden Globe Award-winning comedy “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” for an eighth season.
- The seventh season begins Thursday, Feb. 6 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with a one-hour premiere before airing in its regularly scheduled 8:30 p.m. timeslot beginning Feb. 13.
- Last season “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” averaged a 1.2 rating and 3.2 million viewers overall in “live plus same day” Nielsens for a total-viewer increase of +15% versus the prior season on Fox. After 35 days of linear and digital delayed viewing, the show last season grew to a 3.1 rating in 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers overall, with 59% of that 18-49 rating coming from nonlinear sources – the #1 biggest digital percentage for an NBC series last season.
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” was also last season’s #1 most-social primetime comedy series across television, earning 9 million total interactions (Source: Nielsen Social SCR , 09/24/18-05/23/19, Primetime Daypart, Linear Window, Scripted Series Only. Twitter [Organic + Owned], Facebook [owned only], Instagram [owned only].)
- “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” stars Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher, Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz, Joe Lo Truglio, Dirk Blocker and Joel McKinnon Miller.
- Dan Goor, Mike Schur, David Miner and Luke Del Tredici executive produce.
- The series is produced by Universal Television, a division of NBCUniversal Content Studios, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Gary Mednick, Gary.Mednick@nbcuni.com, 818-777-3021
Stephanie Alperin, Stelphanie.Alperin@nbcuni.com, 818-777-2447
Elizabeth Cain, Elizabeth.Cain@nbcuni.com, 818-777-0543