August 23, 2012
"MEET THE PRESS" IS AMERICA’S #1 SUNDAY PUBLIC AFFAIRS HOUR FOR THE WEEK ENDING AUGUST 19, 2012
NBC PROGRAM SEEN BY OVER 3.6 MILLION VIEWERS
WEB | HIGH | CART
WASHINGTON, DC – August 23, 2012 – "Meet the Press" was the top-rated Sunday morning public affairs hour for the week ending August 19, 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC program attracted 2.480 million total viewers, leading “This Week” by +14% (+314,000), the “Face the Nation” hour by +19% (+392,000), and “FOX News Sunday” by +110% (+1,299,000).
MTP delivered an additional 1,148,000 total viewers and 522,000 A25-54 viewers with rebroadcasts -- 384,000 total viewers and 181,000 viewers A25-54 on the network, and 764,000 total viewers and 341,000 viewers A25-54 on MSNBC.
In Washington, DC, MTP averaged 94,000 total viewers (3.6/11 HH), beating the combined competition with +104% more than FOX News Sunday’s 46,000 viewers (1.7/5 HH), +248% more than the Face the Nation hour’s 27,000 viewers (1.5/4 HH), and +683% over This Week’s 12,000 viewers (0.7/2 HH).
• MTP averaged 2.480 million total viewers, leading This Week by +14% (+314,000), the Face the Nation hour by +19% (+392,000), and FOX News Sunday by +110% (+1,299,000).
• In homes nationally, the NBC broadcast delivered a 1.9 rating and 6 share, ahead of ABC and the CBS hour’s 1.6/5, and FOX’s 0.8/2.
• In homes, MTP topped both This Week and the Face the Nation hour by +19% and led FOX News Sunday by +138%.
• In rating A25-54, MTP outperformed both This Week and the Face The Nation Hour by +20% (+1 tenth) and FOX News Sunday by +50% (+2 tenths).
• MTP averaged 769,000 A25-54 (000) viewers, outperforming This Week by +18% (+119,000), the Face the Nation hour by +39% (+215,000), and FOX News Sunday by +53% (+268,000).
• MTP grew in rating M25-54 (+33%) versus the same telecast last season.
• This season, MTP is outperforming Face The Nation’s full average by +22% (+527,000) in total viewers and +25% (+178,000) in A25-54 (000). MTP maintains its leads over This Week by +25% (+588,000) in total viewers and +22% (+162,000) in A25-54 (000).
Sunday’s edition of “Meet the Press with David Gregory” featured an interview with the Chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, Gov. Martin O’Malley (D-MD) and Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA); a roundtable conversation with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed (D), Republican nominee and Tea Party backed candidate for the U.S. Senate in Texas Ted Cruz, the Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne, the Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan, and NBC’s Chuck Todd; and an extended clip of David Gregory’s “PRESS Pass” interview with former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R).
David Gregory is the moderator of "Meet the Press." Betsy Fischer Martin is the executive producer, Adam Verdugo is the senior producer, and Chris Donovan and Ilana Marcus Drimmer are producers.
# # #
© 2013 NBCUniversal, Inc.
Copyright © 2013 NBCUniversal, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Permission is hereby granted for use of the photo herein depicting the NBCUniversal program solely
for editorial purposes in newspapers and periodicals to promote the NBCUniversal program only and for no other purpose.